Family Suicide Bereavement Program
After a suicide death, families are faced with learning to bereave in their new situation, often times without proper guidance. The Nightingale Centre has created a program to help facilitate a family’s grieving process through The Nightingale Family Suicide Bereavement Program.
The Family Suicide Bereavement Program is designed to provide parental peer support, along with grief counselling for children and adolescents, to families who have experienced a death by suicide of a parent or sibling. Families will meet one evening per month to share a meal and companionship at the Life Voice Workshop and Wellness Centre.
Following the meal, parents will gather to converse amongst themselves while children and adolescents receive grief counselling with emphasis on bereavement by suicide.
Facilitation for the children’s and adolescent counselling is to be determined.
Who We Support
- Families with dependent children who have lost a parent or sibling through suicide
- Provides parental peer support an grief counselling for children and adolescents
- Families come together one evening a month to share a meal together for community and companionship
- After the meal, parents converse in a peer-facilitated, supportive environment
- Children and adolescents receive grief counselling with an emphasis on bereavement by suicide
Date & Time
- Last Wednesday of the month starting September 25th , 2019
- 6:30 – 8:30 pm
- Fill out the Contact Form and put “Family Suicide Bereavement Program” at the top of your message
- Free of charge
- The meals are graciously donated by our group of volunteers and community members
- Donations are welcome and can be made on the Donation Page
Explore more of our programs, services, and events: